The Magician’s Last Words
I finished editing the galleys for Hazzardous Universe: The Magician’s Last Words at 2:30 am the other night night (or is that the other morning?).
While reading the galley’s I got my first look at the interior artwork, and I love it! Kevin really is awesome and talented. I’m still creeping out over the image of the alien doll floating past the space ship window. This is definitely not the kind of toy parents will be rushing out to buy for Christmas.
We’re filling up our schedules with school visits and book signings so if you are interested in having Kevin, or I, or both of us, come to your school, get booked now because space is filling up fast (could that then be described as the expanding universe? Since space is filling up . . . oh, nevermind). Also . . . Kevin and I are in the process of creature creation for book HU3 The Corridors of Eternity. This is your chance to get your artwork in a book! Draw us a picture of an alien creature. It can be as wacky or cool as you’d like. Give us a paragraph of background description on what your creature eats, where it lives, and what its life is like. The contest will run through February 14th of 2012. Why February 14th, you ask? Well, because it’s Valentine’s Day, and I LOVE aliens, of course! The winner of the contest will get a totally out of this universe T-shirt featuring Hap Hazzard and his cohorts, free copies of HU1, HU2 and HU3 when they all available, and your creature featured in HU3. If you are the winner, you will be giving us permission to utilize your work in HU3. We reserve the right to edit, or add modifications to your drawing so that it is stylistically similar to the drawings in the rest of the book. You will retain ownership of your work, but will also be allowing us to use your work in any marketing or display in regards to Hazzardous Universe. So let’s recap the rules so everyone knows what is up:
Creature Creation Rules and Regulations
- Artwork must be the artist’s own original creation. Copying someone else’s work will not be tolerated.
- Art design may not contain any profanity or vulgarity.
- Art design will be judged on originality and creativity.
- A person may enter as many times as they would like.
- Winner will receive T-Shirt, 3 Books and publication in the third book in the Hazzardous Universe series. They will also be formally thanked in the acknowledgement’s page.
- Entry format accepted: *Copy* of original artwork needs to be submitted by the traditionalists in a format no smaller than an 8×10. Digital art needs to be 300dpi in jpg format. Please do *not* send originals because we cannot guarantee we will be able to return it to you.
- Each entry must be labeled with contestant’s full name, age, phone number, e-mail, and school’s name if the entrant is under the age of 18.
- Entry deadline is February 14, 2012.
- Winners will be announced by March 15, 2012.
- Winners may be required to provide proof of identification to claim their award.
- There will be three winners from three different categories Adult 18-218 (if you’re older than that, email us and we’ll see what we can do ), Young Adult: 13-17, and Children: 5-12
- All entries/submissions become the property of Hap Hazzard and his crazy friends. Again . . . PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS. Waiver/ Disclaimer Any and all Entries in the Hazzardous Universe Creature Creation Contest (collectively the “Entries”) shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Hap Hazzard and his crazy friends. Hap Hazzard and his crazy friends shall not be subject to any obligation(s) of confidentiality with respect to any Entries, nor is Hap Hazzard and his crazy friends liable for any use or disclosure of any Entries. Without limitations of the foregoing, the entrant hereby grants Hap Hazzard and his crazy friends a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license of every kind and nature throughout the universe, and Hap Hazzard and his crazy friends shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Entries for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise. The Entrant shall also have unrestricted use of his/her entry for any purpose whatsoever because Hap Hazzard and his crazy friends are just sharing like that. Send entries to info (at) hazzardousuniverse.com OR mail them to PO Box 130 Oak City, Utah 84649
We’ve already received some really amazing creatures. if you haven’t submitted yet–hurry and get to it because Valentine’s Day is only three weeks (ish) away.